Auto Attendant is your virtual receptionist that greets and redirects all inbound calls (e.g. Welcome to Our Company if you would like to speak to our customer service team press one, accounts press two….”) or alternately plays your initial greeting and post dial any of the features in the Call Flow Priority.
With Auto Attendant you can:
- Call Forward: redirect the calls to other departments following the initial greeting message (eg press #1 for sales, #2 Accounts…etc)
- Greeting only: play the greeting message then post dial any lower priority features such as Call Queue or Hunt groups (see – Greeting Only below)
- Set a time for response time, before the Auto Attend message replays.
- Choose how many times to replay Auto Attend message, before the calls get directed to the number Auto Attend is set up on.
- Use time schedules to set when your auto attendant in be active.
1. Setting up Auto Attendant with Call Forwarding
- Log in to your Cloud PBX
- Select CloudPBX menu (horizontal menu)
- Select the number you want to attach the Auto Attendant (normally your main phone number)
- Select Inbound Calls > Auto Attendant.
- Either record your Auto Attendant message or upload your recording in Media.
- Set your time you want your Auto Attendant play.
- Select the numbers you want to use for in your Auto Attendant. Note: If you are planning on using extension think about creating cohesion with your extension dialing numbers.
- Click Save settings to update your settings (see Quick Guide – Simple Queue below).
2. Setting up Auto Attendant – Greeting Only
- Log in toYourCloudPBX > Cloud PBX > Inbound Calls > Auto Attendant.
- Set your Target numbers and time schedules.
- Set Seconds to Wait: 2 Times to play: 1 (see screen shot below)
- Set “Connect to your number as normal…..” to enable post dialling
- DO NOT set forwarding numbers within the AutoAttendant (see screen shot below)
- NB – After the message has played Auto Attendant will route to the next enabled function in the Call Flow Priority list
- Click Save settings to update your settings.