Auto Attendant is your virtual receptionist that can both greet and redirect all inbound calls to other departments.
With Auto Attendant you can:
- Call Forward: redirect the calls to other departments following the initial greeting message (eg press #1 for sales, #2 Accounts…etc)
- Greeting only: play the greeting message then post dial any lower priority features such as Call Queue or Hunt groups (see – Greeting Only below)
- Set a time for response time, before the Auto Attend message replays.
- Choose how many times to replay Auto Attend message, before the calls get directed to the number Auto Attend is set up on.
- Use time schedules to set when your auto attendant in be active.
1. Setting up Auto Attendant with Call Forwarding
- Log in to your YourCloudPBX
- Select CloudPBX menu (horizontal menu)
- Select the number you want to attach the Auto Attendant (normally your main phone number)
- Select Inbound Calls > Auto Attendant.
- Either record your Auto Attendant message or upload your recording in Media.
- Set your time you want your Auto Attendant play.
- Select the numbers you want to use for in your Auto Attendant. Note: If you are planning on using extension think about creating cohesion with your extension dialing numbers.
- Click Save settings to update your settings (see Quick Guide – Simple Queue below).
2. Setting up Auto Attendant – Greeting Only
- Log in toYourCloudPBX > YourCloudPBX > Inbound Calls > Auto Attendant.
- Set your Target numbers and time schedules.
- Set Seconds to Wait: 2 Times to play: 1 (see screen shot below)
- Set “Connect to your number as normal…..” to enable post dialling
- DO NOT set forwarding numbers within the AutoAttendant (see screen shot below)
- NB – After the message has played Auto Attendant will route to the next enabled function in the Call Flow Priority list
- Click Save settings to update your settings.