An example of the business problem shared line resolves is where a staff member needs to manage her own calls between a number of different phones, say a office phone, a softphone client and perhaps a home desk phone. Shared Line links up to five additional devices to the Shared line primary number.
Step 1: Enable Shared Line
- Log into YourCloudPBX > select number you wish to set up Shared Line.
- Select CloudPBX > Inbound Calls > Shared Line.
- Click Enable Shared Line Appearance.
- Click Save Settings to update.
How they work
When you enable the Shared Line feature we hyphenate the 2nd, 3rd & 4th in the following format: xx xxxx xxxx-1. For example, if you primary Shared Line is 61289707500 the second “shared line” DID would be 61289707500-1, then 61289707500-2 up to a maximum of 5.
On your second device, you would register 61289707500-1 as your DID reusing the same password registered against 61289707500.
Step 2: Set Simultaneous Ring
- Select CloudPBX > Inbound Calls > Simultaneous Ring
- Enable the required numbers
- Set the Ring this number: During Work Hrs / After Work Hrs / During Avaiable Hours
- Set the calling delay